Planning on making 2023 extra special with a wedding to remember? We’ve got you covered, we spoke with our wedding manager, Staci, who knows all things weddings. From wedding packages at Brockencote Hall, finding the perfect setting, to useful wedding planning tips and more. Let’s find out what she had to say.
What makes Brockencote Hall different from other wedding venues?
What sets Brockencote Hall apart from other places is that every wedding is truly bespoke. From the very first interaction, my trusty team and I work to understand the couple’s needs and wants and see how we can best deliver this for them. Each wedding here is unique and intertwines what is authentic about each couple from the aesthetics, the flavours and the feel of the day.
We understand that whilst the time planning for a wedding is exciting, it can sometimes be a little overwhelming. We ask each of our couples to trust us and let us guide them through the journey of preparing for the wedding itself, from the big decisions through to the smallest details. We believe ‘the difference is in the detail’ and this is what sets us apart.
We also operate as a hotel and a key part to our success is the team here and the ethos amongst ourselves to achieve things ‘the Brockencote way’. From apprentices to long standing members of over 15 years, each member of the team is valued and makes all the difference to a wedding in the build up, the day itself and the return visits afterward. From a warm welcome with the reception on arrival, meeting the restaurant manager and team at their wedding tasting to a show round, catch up, wedding planning tips and final meetings with me, the weddings manager, to everyone in between.
What is so special about the location of Brockencote Hall?
Our beautifully refurbished Victorian Mansion makes a perfect setting for a wedding. From our grand approach as you sweep up the private drive to the French inspired architecture in the Worcestershire countryside, and the magnificent gardens with scenic lake and lovingly restored Dovecote. We have all you need for the ideal backdrop with endless photographic opportunities.
Upon arrival you’ll be greeted by its elegance and beauty, take in the grand entrance hall and the panelled library. As you make your way through you’ll find the Le Colonial Bar and the beautiful sun-kissed terrace for you to enjoy.
Brockencote Hall sits amid 70 acres of landscaped gardens, woodland and pastures. The land in which Brockencote sits upon once belonged to the ancient manor of Chaddesley, the exact history of which is somewhat of a mystery.
What is your favourite thing about your job as a weddings manager at Brockencote?
I love getting to know each couple and understanding how we can make the day perfect for them with our unique and special touches.
Above everything, my favourite thing about my job is the joy that fills a wedding day with so many positive and happy emotions. From the nerves before the ceremony with anticipation, the love from the couple and their guests leaving the ceremony to how they celebrate all together and remain true to themselves throughout. It’s amazing to see different traditions, stylings, cultures and family quirks along the way. I’ve been lucky enough to learn so much over the years.
The look on the couples face, when I meet them after the ceremony and get to wish them congratulations is something I looked forward to most. It is such a wholesome moment and I know what it means to them both.
Please could you provide some information about the process of booking your wedding and the support that you give throughout the wedding planning process?
It’s a relatively simple process that can be broken down to the following stages:
- Once you have made your initial enquiry I will invite you in for a viewing so that you can begin to visualise your wedding day here with us at Brockencote Hall. During your visit I will provide a breakdown of the pricing and create your quote. Should you then wish to proceed, I can provisionally hold the date for two weeks, in which time we recommend that you pay for insurance, book the ceremony and once these are done pay the deposit to secure the booking and sign your minimum contract.
- We then have our own wedding planning form to complete for each couple that highlights the costs, the menu, any dietary information, the rooming list for which guests are staying in each room, timings of the day, suppliers information, layout of each space and so on.
- Depending on the time frame of your booking, we will then arrange your menu tasting which is complimentary for the couple to try two starters, two mains and two desserts in order to select the final menu for the wedding day. We would also at this point have a catch up meeting to add any known details to the planner so far.
* Appointments are available all year round and open communication with each couple, so they can reach out with any questions in the interim no matter how much or how little.
- The day before, many of our couples drop off the items for their wedding day and then hopefully check in to our newly converted lodge for the preparations to begin. Our lodge has three luxury double bedrooms, an open plan kitchen and a living room opening onto its own private garden, kitted out with a hot tub and a beauty room.
- On the day itself, I am around and will check in on the morning and say hello, offer some wise words and offer to open a bottle of fizz to begin the celebrations. I will then pop in to reassure that the other party has arrived or the registrars, if a civil ceremony, and then guide from the room to the ceremony itself as all planned with each couple.
Throughout the special day, I am around to make the venue look how they have imagined, answer any questions and offer them time to take in the day. I wait until they get to speeches at the end of the meal, before saying my goodbyes and let everyone party the night away.
What variations of weddings have you held at Brockencote Hall before?
We’ve held almost everything from small and intimate weddings for 4 guests with the civil ceremony outside and a tasting menu for the wedding breakfast, to a lavish day with all the extras you can dream of, then all combinations in between.
That is the beauty of designing your own perfect day in a setting that has flexibility and variation.
What makes the wedding packages you offer special?
Everything that we create at Brockencote Hall for your wedding is bespoke.
We are not a typical package venue and the team invests a lot of time understanding the day and making this extra special for each couple. We pride ourselves on the personalised elements that separate our wedding packages from the rest, including the designed menu, timings and entertainment. Find out more about our wedding packages here.
Please describe your most memorable wedding or wedding moment to date.
We had a wonderful couple enjoy a September wedding here where they had thought of every detail for the day. The bride’s vision included a white palette and guests in black tie with fresh flowers everywhere. Flowers lined the front door, the grand staircase, floor displays around the cake table and top table with arrangements in between, the scent was just amazing.
The couple picked their favourite drink, Whispering Angel, and had this as both their reception drink on the croquet lawn on their arrival from St Cassian’s Church and during their wedding breakfast. They had embroidered their initials on each napkin for their guests as a memento of the occasion and the emblem used followed on from their wedding stationary, welcome mirror and thank you cards.
It was a gorgeous day with the sun beaming down, guests enjoyed speeches on the back terrace with Rose’ Veuve Clicquot champagne in hand, before dancing the night away to a remarkable band. The highlight for me was a sweet grazing table with Krispy Kreme doughnuts, Brockencote homemade salted caramel macarons, marshmallows and loads more treats adorned for guests to enjoy throughout the day. It was spectacular and encompassed why I love my job – helping people bring their vision to life is something I will never get tired of.
Do you have any wedding planning tips for couples?
I could talk all day about my wedding planning tips, but my top tip would be to have spare name places for the wedding breakfast.
It’s inevitable that someone won’t attend on the day for various reasons and usually there is someone on standby to take this place. If you know who this is likely to be, just order a few extra name places and then there is no last minute contingency. It also means the guest who is stepping in feels more included when they are seated amongst others. A simple and easy fix.
Due to the current cost of living crisis, do you have any money saving wedding tips that you think would be useful?
I have a few suggestions for this after seeing many changes over the years in this role.
The biggest one being to work out your priorities and not just do the expected because you think you have to. Repurposing items is a great way to save money, you don’t need to duplicate items. Here’s my list of just a few items you can repurpose to save money on your wedding:
- Add your bridesmaids flowers into vases and use them as decorations
- Use the welcome board as a guest book to display at home
- Use your own supplied post box and cake knife on the day instead of hiring one in
Another wedding planning tip I have to share in order to save money, is to consider downsizing your cake and asking your maker for dummy tiers to ensure excess food doesn’t go to waste.
One of my favourite local places to visit is the confetti fields in Wick (Worcester). Here you can have photos amongst the delphiniums and then make your own confetti for a fraction of the cost and minimal effort.
Another great money saving tip for your wedding is to use Vinted or eBay for those little extras, there are some great finds on these online sites, especially for bridesmaid dresses or hen do outfits.
We’ve loved speaking with Staci and learning all the ins and outs of a bespoke Brockencote wedding.
Are you looking to say ‘I do’ this year in a wonderful setting with a dedicated team of professionals on hand to help you every step of the way? Our perfect wedding venue in Worcestershire can accommodate your wedding vision, no matter the style, size or time of year. Request an appointment to begin planning your dream wedding or view our wedding brochure for more information.