Visit England Awards Finalist
Brockencote Hall Hotel, a Victorian mansion and country estate in the heart of Worcestershire, has been named as a finalist in the Small Hotel of the Year category of the prestigious VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2013.
As a finalist Brockencote Hall now goes forward to the glittering Awards Ceremony which is being held on 20 May 2013 at The Point, Lancashire County Cricket Club, Old Trafford, Manchester.
The team at Brockencote will have to wait until then to find out which award they will receive. All finalists are guaranteed to receive either a Gold, Silver, Bronze or Highly Commended Award.
Commenting on the finalists James Berresford, VisitEngland’s Chief Executive said “I would like to congratulate all those nominated as VisitEngland Awards for Excellence finalists this year. We received 320 applications and the quality of submissions was higher than ever. It is therefore no small achievement for Brockencote Hall to become a finalist and justifiably take credit and pride in earning a coveted place in the top five in their category in England. I wish everyone all the best for the final in May”.
The Small Hotel of the Year category is being sponsored by Free to Book.
“Free to Book is delighted to sponsor the Small Hotel of the Year category for the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence this year. May we pass on our congratulations to Brockencote Hall Hotel on becoming a finalist. We wish them every success at the Awards Ceremony on 20 May 2013.
Speaking on behalf of Brockencote Hall Hotel, Eden Hotel Collection’s Managing Director Mark Chambers said "We are obviously delighted to be nominated in the category of Small Hotel of the Year along with other such notable hotels as Gidleigh Park and the Scarlet Hotel.
For me this achievement is an endorsement of the hard work and efforts of our entire team as well as our commitment as a company in developing first class hotels that really deliver genuine hospitality and service. Brockencote is a stunning property and we are delighted this has been independently recognised by Visit England.”
- Ends -
Notes to Editors
Brockencote Hall Hotel, Chaddesley Corbett, Worcestershire, DY10 4PY 01562 777 876
Press Enquiries: Lindsay.firstname.lastname@example.org
Brockencote Hall Hotel is part of the Eden Hotel Collection www.edenhotelcollection.com which comprises of seven luxury hotels across five of the finest counties in England.
Please email if you are interested in reviewing Brockencote Hall or would like additional images.
· VisitEngland is the country’s national tourist board. We work in partnership with the industry to develop the visitor experience across England, plan national tourism strategy, grow the value of tourism in England and provide advocacy for the industry and our visitors
· Our work is underpinned by robust research and customer insights. You can access the latest in-depth market intelligence and statistics on www.visitengland.org/insight-statistics
About the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2013
- The VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2013 celebrate the best of English tourism. They promote healthy industry competition and high standards, helping to ensure England's place as a world-class destination.www.visitenglandawards.org.
- The 17 categories for the 2013 awards include: Access for all Tourism Award, Bed & Breakfast / Guest Accommodation of the Year, Best Tourism Experience, Business Tourism Award, Caravan Holiday Park, Large Hotel (over 35 bedrooms), Large Visitor Attraction (over 100,000 visitors), Self Catering Holiday of the Year, Small Hotel of the Year (under 35 Bedrooms), Small Visitor Attraction (under 50,000), Sustainable Tourism Award, Taste of England Award, Tourist Information Service, Tourism Pub of the Year, Tourism SuperStar, and Travel Article of the Year.
- Included in the 17 categories is the additional award for Outstanding Contribution to Tourism to be announced on the night. Previous winners of this award have included The Great English Pub, Michael Eavis CBE, HM The Queen, the Harry Potter films, Sir Cameron Mackintosh, Sir Paul McCartney, Liverpool, The National Trust and last year the English Garden.
Processing information, please wait...
Thank you for recommending this page to your friend.
Your message has been sent.