Brockencote Hall Hotel 'Small Hotel of the Year' Finalist 2014
Brockencote Hall Hotel near Kidderminster has been named as a finalist in the Small Hotel of the Year category of the prestigious VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2014.The awards ceremony is on 12 May at Cheltenham Racecourse.
General Manager Dean Gunston said the 21-bedroom hotel, in Chaddesley Corbett, was a finalist in the same category at the VisitEngland 2013 Awards, when it was Highly Commended. “We are absolutely delighted to make the final again and this year we hope to do even better!”
James Berresford, Chief Executive of VisitEngland said the Awards attracted 368 applications in 2014, an increase of 15% on 2013. “We receive hundreds of applications each year of an extremely high standard, so it’s a tremendous achievement for Brockencote Hall to become a finalist and to represent the top five in their category in England.”
Brockencote Hall is part of the Eden Hotel Collection, seven upmarket boutique hotels located across the Midlands, the Cotswolds and the South West. In July 2011 Eden bought Brockencote Hall from private owners who had spent years converting the Victorian mansion into a hotel. It closed for a six-week refurbishment costing £6m.
Dean Gunston said: “Since reopening in 2012, our aim has been to restore Brockencote Hall to its former glory and create a classic, high-end dining and accommodation destination for both local residents and visitors to the county.”
Brockencote Hall has enjoyed huge awards success in the past 12 months. It won the Best Hotel Award in the Visit Worcestershire Awards for Excellence 2013, while its restaurant was awarded three AA Rosettes in the 2014 AA Restaurant Guide – one of the organisation’s most prestigious accolades for food, with just 10% of the restaurants listed in the Guide holding three Rosettes and above. It also won AA Inspectors’ Choice / 4 Red Stars for accommodation.
Notes to Editors:
- Eden Hotel Collection comprises seven luxury hotels and spas: Mallory Court Hotel, Leamington Spa; Buckland Tout-Saints Hotel, Devon; The Kings Hotel, Chipping Campden; The Arden Hotel, Stratford-upon-Avon; Brockencote Hall Hotel, Worcestershire; The Greenway Hotel and Spa, Cheltenham; and The Mount Somerset Hotel and Spa, Somerset.
- On 1 April the company announced a £12m investment in Salcombe, South Devon following the purchase of the 35 bedroom Tides Reach Hotel. The site will be redeveloped to create a 50 bedroom luxury waterfront hotel and spa.
- The Eden Hotel Collection is part of the Rigby Group Plc, one of the UK’s largest and most successful family-owned businesses. Founded by IT entrepreneur Sir Peter Rigby, the Group’s portfolio spans hotels, aviation, technology, property and investments.
- The Eden Hotel Collection has evolved over the last 10 years through the acquisition and restoration by Rigby Group of carefully-chosen hotels, each with unique attributes but all offering the same impeccable standards of service, quality and attention to detail.
- VisitEngland is the country’s national tourist board. It works in partnership with the industry to develop the visitor experience, plan national tourism strategy, grow the value of tourism in England and provide advocacy for the industry and our visitors. Its work is underpinned by robust research and customer insights. You can access the latest in-depth market intelligence and statistics on www.visitengland.org/insight-statistics .
- England is a real powerhouse in global tourism. It represents 84% of the UK visitor economy, is worth £106bn, and supports 2.6m jobs.
- For corporate information see www.visitengland.org and for consumer information see www.visitengland.com.
- The VisitEngland Awards for Excellence celebrate the best of English tourism. They promote healthy competition and high standards, helping to ensure England's place as a world-class destination. www.visitenglandawards.org.
For more information and photos, contact Lindsay Butler at Eden Hotel Collection Head Office or email Lindsay.firstname.lastname@example.org
Processing information, please wait...
Thank you for recommending this page to your friend.
Your message has been sent.